Saturday, November 16, 2013

Wonders by SJ Tucker

You may call my truest name and fling it to the floor,
but ticks and tocks from broken clocks can't hurt me anymore.
Let’s be done with fairytales and how they’re meant to end.
The truth is that I lost my way and found it here again 


It's no secret that my favorite author is Catherynne M. Valente. She's absolutely amazing. Few authors have moved me like she has. In truth, it was her work that reignited my love of reading. She showed me that some books still hold wonders unimaginable - that some books are still worth losing yourself to.

So imagine my delight when I discovered Wonders by SJ Tucker, a beautiful collection of music inspired by Valente's The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making. I cannot stop listening to this album! There's truly something on here for everyone - from the haunting "Glashtyn Shanty" to the yearning "For Iago". You'll even find Valente's own lullaby, "Little Skylark".

You can give this album a listen for free by visiting SJ Tucker's site: here. Love it as much as I do? Purchase it and take this collection with you on your adventures.

Have you found any music inspired by books you love? Sound off and tell me your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment